You are very welcome at Royal Canoe Club!
Whatever type of canoeing you practice, a warm welcome awaits you at Royal. If you have any questions about membership, or would like a taster session, just send an email to email@example.com.
Full membership gives you access to the site, use of the gyms, use of club boats & equipment at any time (in accordance with the club safety policy) novice coaching for adults & full coaching for juniors. Additional full coaching for adults of all abilities is available as an optional extra.
How the fees work
If you decide to join then there are 2 fees that need to be paid.
- A TWC (Teddington Watersports Centre) fee is paid yearly for use of the site and gyms (24 hours), which is used by 4 separate clubs.
- Royal Canoe Club membership, which covers canoe / kayak equipment and junior coaching.
* If you pay to rack your own boat at the club, you can also use club boats
** Juniors members’ fees include full coaching – see below.
*** Covers 2 adults and 2 children below the age of 9, or not wanting to join the Junior coaching programme
Adult members can use club boats and equipment at any time within reason, in line with the club safety policy.
Novice adult members can attend taster sessions for no additional fee until you are confident to go out without a coach. There are then various paddling groups to suit all abilities. Racing is encouraged but not mandatory!
Technique & fitness coaching for adults of all abilities is available for an optional extra fee. Please contact the Club Secretary for details.
Depending on ability, juniors will be assigned to a training group with access to a minimum of 4 sessions per week.
We encourage at least one parent of junior members to be a social member or a full member.
Social members of the club receive:
- Access to the clubhouse where Tea, Coffee and Cake is served on a Saturday, and Dinner is served on a Wednesday.
- An invitation to all club socials
- Information on upcoming races and events
Find more details for junior members in our Junior Overview information sheet.
Racking of boats
Racking is available for private boats, but there may be a waiting a list. Certain types of boat are harder to rack and space may be limited. For further information connect with Janet Evans on 020 8390 4675 – please inquire regarding racking, with costs depending on whether boats are inside, outside, K1, K2 or Canadian.
Racking costs £65.00 to store a K1 inside.
APPLICATION : Next Steps
TWC Application & Renewal
- Follow the link to the TWC Membership site.
- Login or Create an account and follow the instructions